8.12.2015

Siobhan Mackenzie at the MFS Talent 2015 Fashion Show, Edinburgh

The countdown to Metropolitan Fashion Show’s Designer Talent 2015 event continues with just 3 days to go! 

In this post, we are talking to Siobhan Mackenzie, one of the six fantastic designers we have showcasing their latest collections at out Talent 2015 catwalk show on 15th August.

A true advocate of traditional Scottish fashion, Siobhan Mackenzie aims to introduce traditional Scottish kilt design into the modern day by contemporising the designs and giving them a modern, luxury twist.

What is your brand, Siobhan Mackenzie, all about?
Siobhan Mackenzie aims to bring Scottish dress into the 21st century by breaking the rules of tradition with innovation within design.

Sum up your new collection in one sentence.
Exclusive luxury Scottish textiles combined with pioneering Scottish design which distinctively re-designs the kilt into a modern era.

What do you think makes your brand, and especially your new collection, unique?
The brand has re-invented the kilt into the fashion world by using truly unique designs and processes to create a signature luxury style.

Who/what are you inspired by?
The concept for my company originated from the history behind my clan- Mackenzie, and my Highland roots. An inspiring role model for me is John Culbert- MD of Glenisla (where I studied a kilt-making internship as a student). John’s diligent hard working attitude has led him to great success and by adopting that same attitude I hope to follow in his footsteps.

What advice do you have for new designers looking to launch a collection of their own?
My favourite quote is “If you can dream it, you can achieve it!” and I thoroughly stick by this- don’t be afraid to break the rules and step outside of the box- innovation is key in developing a signature style.

What does the Metropolitan Fashion Show Talent 2015 event mean to you? Why are you excited to take part?
I’m excited to take part amongst other designers as I love to not only showcase my work to new people but to meet new people and show the world what I am capable of.
  
Where would you like to be in 5 years’ time?
I aim to have stores internationally but New York would be the main goal. I strive to keep the brand’s Made in Scotland ethos wherever we end up.

Where can we see you next?
I am always taking part in new opportunities but the best way to find me is via my website http://www.siobhanmackenzie.com/ . Customers can contact me to book design consultations and there are galleries to view some of my previous work.


You can still buy tickets for the MFS Talent 2015 catwalk show here, or visit the Talent 2015 event page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment